Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tried Sarah Esparza's submission of this. I Just had to play and try some additions & subtractions. This is what I came up with.
- 2 1⁄2-4 lbs chicken, whole
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- cooking spray
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Amaretto, brown sugar,water,pepper, garlic powder& onion powder in a small bowl.
- Microwave about 20-30 seconds to melt sugar.
- Blend well.
- Line a pan with foil.
- Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Clean chicken removing insides.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken with Amaretto mixture.
- Place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours.
- Baste from time to time with amaretto When juices run clear about 180 degrees remove from oven.
- Let rest about 5 minutest before slicing.
- Serves 4-6 depending on size of bird.
This recipe was okay. I had a 5 lb chicken so I doubled up on the sauce. I did baste the chicken every 15-20 minutes or so to make sure it would stay moist. My only disappointement was that it didn't have a lot of flavor. I think it may need to be covered with aluminum foil or something while it is cooking to try to keep the flavor in.