Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We got this recipe from a friend. It's our favorite way to prepare tilapia. The almonds and panko bread crumbs give it a nice, crispy texture.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1⁄2 cup whole unblanched almond
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place the almonds, bread crumbs, garlic salt, pepper and parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush the mustard over both sides of the fillets, dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Add the fish to the pan, cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.