Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a combinations of many recipes I have used to make fajitas. I like this one best. You may also use pork tenderloin, pounded to 1/2" thickness instead of the skirt steak. Lamb or chicken could also be used.
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- course black pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs skirt steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all marinade ingredients well.
- Pour over meat and marinate at least 1 hour, but no more than 2 hours.
- Cook over hot coals for 5- 6 minutes, or to taste.
- Remove and let sit 5-10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Serve with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, guacamole, and grilled onions.
- To freeze: Place marinade ingredients in a large freezer bag. Add meat of choice, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge and grill as instructed in recipe.