Recipe by Kaleigh
This is so easy and great for a light desert or with coffee in the morning. It's adapted from a Bisquik recipe and was given to me by a friend of my mother-in-law, a lovely lady named Ann. You will probably have all of the ingredients and can have this in the oven in less & your kitchen smelling heavenly in less than 15 minutes. Keeps great and no need to refrigerate.
Top Tweak by kadeeb
I prefer this Velvet Crumb Cake as my go to coffee cake. However, I like using the Bisquick Coffee Cake topping with this recipe. Also, I double the streusel recipe. Old Style Streusel Topping 2 tablespoons Bisquick 1/3 cup sugar 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons hard margarine (better with butter) 2 teaspoons cinnamon Mix topping ingredients with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly. Spread topping mix over dough and drag a butter knife across like you were making a tic-tac-toe board several times.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons shortening or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 tablespoons stick butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all cake ingredients well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 -30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare icing: Combine topping ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil/simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake and pour icing over cake while still warm.
- After pouring over cake, sit cake under broiler for 30 seconds-1 minute (watch).
- Let cool before serving.