Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy and great for a light desert or with coffee in the morning. It's adapted from a Bisquik recipe and was given to me by a friend of my mother-in-law, a lovely lady named Ann. You will probably have all of the ingredients and can have this in the oven in less & your kitchen smelling heavenly in less than 15 minutes. Keeps great and no need to refrigerate.
- Combine all cake ingredients well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 -30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare icing: Combine topping ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a slow boil/simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake and pour icing over cake while still warm.
- After pouring over cake, sit cake under broiler for 30 seconds-1 minute (watch).
- Let cool before serving.