Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
After 40 years of trying "new" squash recipes, this is the only way I get my husband to eat it. And....."he likes it!"
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chopped green chili
- 2 cups cooked squash, mashed
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Beat together eggs, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Add squash and then chiles.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until set.
Don't Mess with Texas (Annie's)recipe! This dish is sensational because of it's simple contrast of flavors. Fresh cooked summer squash accented with a mild flavor of green peppers and the heat of chilies. The corn flavor and texture of the crushed tortilla chips will keep you going back for one more forkfull.