Recipe by Abbeygurl
I came up with this recipe out of desperation one day. It has since become a regular meal in our home. I usually end up doubling it for my family of 7.
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb smoked sausage
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (about 1-1/2")
- 1 medium onion, coursely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice kielbasa into 1/2" or so slices.
- Saute kielbasa with onions in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Continue until nicely browned.
- Add potatoes to the kielbasa and onions.
- Mix water, brown sugar, mustard and soy sauce.
- Add to the dutch oven.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are done.
- May have to add more water depending on how much the spuds soak up.
- If potatoes break down they make the sauce nice and thick.
- May also add peppers or green beans.
- I sometimes skip the potatoes and serve the kielbasa with pierogies.
- If I'm in a hurry I nuke the spuds a few minutes to reduce cooking time in the pot.
- Hope you enjoy this!