Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is my mother's and it was handed down to me. It's one of my favorite recipes. It's really good.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup cheese, any kind, shredded
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- oil, for frying
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Take a medium bowl beat eggs with 3 tablespoons of milk and set aside.
- In another medium bowl put bread crumbs in the bowl.
- Take a skillet put some oil in the skillet.
- Turn the stove on medium heat.
- Take the chicken and roll it in the egg mixture and then roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Cook chicken on both side till lightly brown.
- When that's done, put in a 9x13-inch baking dish or pan.
- Open the spaghetti sauce and pour it on top of the chicken; sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put it the 375° oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
This very tasty and tender chicken dish was so easy to make. I have always found it easier to put the bread crumbs in a zip lock bag then add the dipped chicken and shake to coat. I also used two tablespoons of olive oil to lightly brown the chicken in and used grated mozarella to the top before baking. I served this to my best friends, and they loved it. Good recipe.