2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is the bread recipe that I recently got from my mom. She's submitted it to the church cookbooks over the years and it's always well received. :) Prep time includes rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in warm water.
- 2Combine hot water, brown sugar or honey, salt, and oil or melted butter; cool until lukewarm, then add softened yeast.
- 3Pour into a large pan; add the flours and oatmeal, stirring well.
- 4Turn out and knead lightly; dough will be sticky (add small mount of flour as needed to knead).
- 5Let dough rise in warm place for 45 minutes to an hour; punch down.
- 6Grease 2 large loaf pans well.
- 7Divide and shape dough into two loaves and put into pans; let rise until light, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes; let cool on racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ann's Heavenly Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2828.2
- Calories from Fat 603
- Total Fat 67.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4714.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 495.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 46.4 g
- Sugars 73.4 g
- Protein 76.2 g