Recipe by Alskann
This recipe is the result of tweaking traditional German Potato Salad recipes to suit our tastes. We like it better than any others we have tasted. Whenever we have a family gathering this is the dish everyone always asks for. I have to make extra so everyone can have leftovers to take home. The ingredient amounts are guesstimates because I always just toss it all together without measuring for this dish. Next time I make it I will take measurements and adjust the recipe accordingly.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a nice savory potato salad. I did not want a lot of dressing so I only make half the amount called for. Yukon Golds were used, 5 that weighed 4 ounces each and 6 that weighed 3 ounces for a total of around 2 pounds 6 ounces of potatoes. I boiled the 4 ounce ones for 22 minutes and the 3 ounces ones for 17 minutes and they came out perfect. Thank you for posting. Made for *Recipe Swap No19 August 2008* game, from the Aussie Forum
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, unpeeled (I usually will use Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 2 -3 cups mayonnaise (do not substutue salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use good quality)
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning (Morton Nature's Seasons)
- 2 -3 cold pack kosher dill pickles
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until just tender but not mushy; drain and set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and Nature's Seasons together until well blended. Add to pototoes; mix well.
- Dice pickles and add to potatoes.
- Crumble bacon and add to potatoes.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Best served at room temperature.