This recipe is the result of tweaking traditional German Potato Salad recipes to suit our tastes. We like it better than any others we have tasted. Whenever we have a family gathering this is the dish everyone always asks for. I have to make extra so everyone can have leftovers to take home. The ingredient amounts are guesstimates because I always just toss it all together without measuring for this dish. Next time I make it I will take measurements and adjust the recipe accordingly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, unpeeled (I usually will use Yukon Gold potatoes)
- 2 -3 cups mayonnaise (do not substutue salad dressing)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (use good quality)
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning (Morton Nature's Seasons)
- 2 -3 cold pack kosher dill pickles
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling water until just tender but not mushy; drain and set aside.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and Nature's Seasons together until well blended. Add to pototoes; mix well.
- 3Dice pickles and add to potatoes.
- 4Crumble bacon and add to potatoes.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 7Best served at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ann's German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 867.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: