Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a must at Christmas. I like it because it is crunchy and not sticky.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I mostly made this for my sister who really loves peanut brittle. It was a major hit! Nice and light, very crunchy! A simple recipe that has a great ending!! Oh, I kept some for me too!! Thanks Miss Annie..another winner!!
- 4.92 ml butter or 4.92 ml margarine
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml Karo light corn syrup
- 354.88 ml raw peanuts
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and set aside the butter and soda.
- In a large pan, mix and boil the sugar, water,and syrup to hardball stage (254 degrees F).
- Add peanuts and stir constantly until mixture turns yellow (NOT AMBER) about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter mixture and vanilla.
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet.
- Pat into a thickness you like with the back of a spoon.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.