This is a must at Christmas. I like it because it is crunchy and not sticky.
Make and share this Ann's Crunchy Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Mix and set aside the butter and soda.
- In a large pan, mix and boil the sugar, water,and syrup to hardball stage (254 degrees F).
- Add peanuts and stir constantly until mixture turns yellow (NOT AMBER) about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter mixture and vanilla.
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet.
- Pat into a thickness you like with the back of a spoon.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.