This is a must at Christmas. I like it because it is crunchy and not sticky.
Make and share this Ann's Crunchy Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Mix and set aside the butter and soda.
- In a large pan, mix and boil the sugar, water,and syrup to hardball stage (254 degrees F).
- Add peanuts and stir constantly until mixture turns yellow (NOT AMBER) about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter mixture and vanilla.
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet.
- Pat into a thickness you like with the back of a spoon.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
I mostly made this for my sister who really loves peanut brittle. It was a major hit! Nice and light, very crunchy! A simple recipe that has a great ending!! Oh, I kept some for me too!! Thanks Miss Annie..another winner!!
I followed the directions pretty closely...I added the peanuts at about 225* and cooked it until the hard crack stage (300*F)...it took about 20 minutes. Also, I prewarmed the cookie sheet to make it easier to spread (put it in the oven at 170* for about 5-10 minutes). It came out perfect! Nice and crunchy! I will definately keep this recipe for years to come!
This is the best brittle ever. I use all kinds of nuts in the recipe, not just peanuts. Pecans seem to be the biggest hit.