Recipe by Cameron's
Serve with whipped cream or powdered sugar if desired
Top Review by Kristen R.
Really good! Chock full of fruit, which makes me think that the gradual creaming instructions are superfluous. I did a standard thorough creaming, putting in sugar all at once rather than tablespoon at a time, and it was tender, moist and flavorful. I added a teaspoon of Penzey's baking spice, and probably could have added more. Delicious on its own warm out of the oven!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups peeled and coarsely chopped pears (or apples)
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Let the butter and eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; beating on medium to high speed for 6 minutes total.
- Add vanilla then eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition and scraping the bowl often.
- Beat in milk. Gradually add flour mixture.
- Fold in pears and cranberries.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13x9x2" baking pan evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.