Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An excellent chowder for those cool evenings. Serve with crusty, hot bread.
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- crumbled bacon (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Saute onions lightly in butter.
- Add potatoes and water and cook until tender.
- Add corn, milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat, but do not boil.
- Top with crumbled bacon and sour cream, if desired.
- This recipe may be doubled for seconds or for freezing.
My whole family enjoyed your Corn Chowder for dinner tonight. The preparation was a breeze! I followed your instructions, except I topped it off with some cheese. Yummy! I added a crusty, garlic bread and had a great dinner thanks to you Miss Annie!
This was a good basic corn chowder. I only used a cup of milk and I thought it needed more corn. I didn't use the two cups of milk as I knew it would be way too thin for me. I also thought it could have used more seasoning.