Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
I have actually won contests with this recipe. I just adapted it from the Nestle Toll House recipe on the back of the package. I have yet to find a chocolate chip I like better than Toll House for cookies! My teens, church friends, fellow parents, & kids' teachers beg for these!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening (I think this is what makes the difference)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Beat shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs.
- Gradually beat in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons (I use a meatball-sized scooper and shape them with a soft flattening) onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until golden.