Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe Mom got from a church friend decades ago and made many times. Although there are many brunch-type casseroles already posted, I decided to add this one because it doesn't call for bread or potatoes, just some flour(I use whole wheat) and it's yummy. Like many of the others, it can be mixed the day before and popped in the oven about 1 hour ahead of serving time. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces grated swiss cheese
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or 8 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine cheeses, arrange half in the dish.
- Saute onion, green pepper abd fresh mushrooms in 1/4 c butter. Let most all the moisture cook out of mushrooms.
- Arrange sauted mixture over the cheese, then sprinkle with ham.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Beat eggs with milk, flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour over gently other ingredients. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake 45-60 mkinutes until center is firm. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
What a nice little (or should I say not so little!) brunch recipe. Everyone liked it at my church group, they loved all the cheese and the mushrooms. Thanks Made for PAC Spring 2009