Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Anne's Blooming Lovely Chocolate Cheesecake
- 75 -100 g margarine
- 450 g digestive biscuits
- 450 g firm tofu, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 oranges, juice of
- 1 orange rind or 1 banana
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons soya milk
- To make the base:
- Melt the margarine gently in a saucepan.
- Crush the digestive biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Take the margarine off the heat and mix in the biscuit crumbs.
- Press this mixture into an 11" flan tin.
- To make the topping:.
- Mix the tofu, orange juice, orange rind or banana, cocoa powder, oil and sugar well, preferably in a food processor.
- Ensure a smooth consistency.
- If it doesn't mix well, add a few tablespoons of soya milk.
- Place over the base and smooth the top.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add a topping of your choice such as slices of fresh orange or grated chocolate.