Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is heavenly, just heavenly.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- 2 -3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates or 1⁄4 cup prune
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix in a bowl, flour, baking powder.
- In another bowl cream the sugar, butter, vanilla,honey,and orange zest.
- Beat in eggs and bananas.
- Gradually add dry to banana mixture.
- Fold in nuts and fruit.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x5 bread pan (loaf pan).
- Bake at 350°F for an hour or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.