Recipe by Barefoot Beachcomber
What can I say? This cake looks so good; anyone will be tempted to have dessert first. Pre time includes chilling.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 25 ladyfingers
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- chocolate syrup
- white 1/8 inch fancy ribbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook first 8 ingredients over a double broiler until creamy and set aside.
- Place a 9 inch bottomless tart ring on top of a serving platter.
- Arrange ladyfingers at the bottom and around the sides of the pan.
- Pour chocolate filling in and refrigerate.
- TOPPING: In a chilled bowl, beat cream at high speed for 2 ½ minutes.
- Dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup water over low fire.
- Add to cream while hot.
- Beat a few seconds more.
- Pour immediately on top of chocolate filling.
- Drizzle a generous amount of liquid chocolate concentrate on top of cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Carefully lift off flan ring.
- Tie a ribbon around the anniversary ring before serving.