Recipe by VeggieCook98
I love this recipe for making pizza, on pasta, and sometimes I even eat it as a soup! You don't have to cook this in a slow cooker. You can heat it up on the stove, then blend as usual. You can can also add more or less garlic depending on your personal preference.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, this is such a tasty tomato sauce! Loved the flavours in this one and also how easy it was to make. I, too, made it on the stove top and that worked out well. I left mine a bit runnier as I wanted to use it as a pasta sauce. YUM!
Oh and I used only 3 ts of herbs for half the recipe as that was plenty for me.
Thank you so much for sharing this keeper with us, Veggie Cook! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #50 September 2012.
- 1 (28 ounce) canof whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with green chilis
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 -6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste