Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
We love chipotles and roasted garlic. This recipe is strong on both. Not for the faint-hearted.
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 8 ounces queso blanco
- 1 lb sliced turkey
- 2 dark dried chipotle chiles, ground fine (chili chipotle meco)
- 2 tablespoons ancho chilies, ground fine
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 ounces tabasco brand TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large white onion, peeled,halved and sliced diagonally
- 1 medium green pepper, cleaned and sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled,slightly smashed
- 8 ounces sour cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground peppers, 2 T canola oil, vinegar, honey, Tabasco and black pepper.
- Pour over the sliced turkey in a bag or sealable container.
- Marinade at least 2 hours, overnight is better.
- Coat onion slices, pepper slices and garlic in remaining oil.
- Grill over med high heat until onions and peppers are striped nicely.
- Weight the garlic to hold it on the grill surface.
- Grill until softened and slightly browned.
- Mince garlic and mix with onions and peppers.
- Set aside.
- Remove turkey from marinade and grill until striped, turning once.
- Remove turkey and set aside.
- In frying pan or on flat griddle set to high lay a tortilla, sprinkle with cheese.
- When cheese is slightly melted add vegetables and turkey.
- FOld tortilla over and weight down.
- When cheese begin melting out of tortilla, flip tortilla and reweight.
- Remove from grill and slice into 4 section.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sour cream if desired.
- The tortillas can usually be cooked 2 at a time so the cooking time is usually a lot less than 15 minutes.