Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite sandwich from local deli - so simple and so satisfying! The first time I tried this, I knew I was hooked! I would go to the deli 3-4 times a week to get a fix. But, the more I needed a sandwich, the more I began to realize that my deli had strange hours and I began to go through withdrawl... Now I buy the cheese from the deli and do the rest at home, any time I want! ;) (I've also tried this "panini-style" on my George Foreman grill)
- Place cheese, then tomato slices on top of the first piece of bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread alfalfa over tomatoes.
- Place second piece of bread on top and enjoy!
- Another idea: Add thinly sliced cucumbers for some extra crunch!
Yummy; thank you for posting!
I wouldn't recommend this grilled, but I think it would be really good cold. We had a little problem with ours as I accidentally bought the wrong sprouts. I didn't even realize they sold broccoli sprouts! They were very strong and really ruined the sandwich for us. We used fresh mozzarella, and used the George Foreman. Next time, I'll just toast the bread, as I think I like the texture of the mozarella better cold. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 08.