Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eat for your health!mmm...
Make and share this Annie's Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of crisped bacon, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 red apple, unpeeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine first five ingredients in blender and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- Combine remaining ingredients and toss with dressing; sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and mix well.
This was an absolutely delicious combination of ingredients. I did use a different dressing (mock dijonnaise) to try and cut down on the fat from the oil. im shocked i wish i had more spinach. *eek*
This made a very nice salad. Loved the crunch from the almonds. I put the cut apples in a solution of water and lemon juice for a few minutes to help prevent darkening.
this was the best spinach salad I have ever tasted, it is good for any occasion.