Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
I had to twist my friend Annie's arm to get this recipe out of her! UPDATE: 10/13/2008 - I brought this cake to work today as a Congratulations to one of the girls for passing a state exam. Anyway, BIG HIT! Also, just as a note, this makes a large cake, so be prepared. No icing is needed! YUMMIEE!
- 1 cup butter, use real butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Prepare (grease and flour) a Tube Pan.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add the flour and whipping cream, alternating them.
- Stir in the chips.
- DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN!
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before icing, if desired. It's yummy without any icing!