1/1 Photo of Annie's Pecan Pralines
Miss Annie's Note:
I have been making these pralines for 20 years. They are creamy, not sticky, and do not have that gritty sugar texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine in a large pan the sugar, soda, buttermilk and salt.
- 2Cook briskly, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add butter and pecans.
- 4Cook for approximately 5 minutes more, or until mixture reaches softball stage (234ºF).
- 5Remove from heat and beat until just creamy.
- 6Drop by spoonsful onto waxed paper.
- 7Store in airtight containers.
- 8NOTE: If you put newspapers under the waxed paper, it is easier to remove candy without breaking.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Annie's Pecan Pralines
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 75.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g