Recipe by Chef Annie
This was the recipe I created the very first time I cooked fish. Very simple but delicious. So far this recipe has converted three non-fish eaters to eat fish! Use any flaky white fish or even chicken and serve with couscous and fresh veggies.
Top Review by Catta
My roommate and I both gave this a four because we just really like salmon better than mahi mahi, but I had some mahi to use up and this is probably the best way I've found to do it. It really does almost completely mask the fishy taste of the mahi.
- 4 mahi mahi or 4 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed in fingers or 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in bowl big enough to dip fish into.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, dill, rosemary and salt and pepper in another bowl of similar size.
- Dip each filet in olive oil mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture and place in 9x13 inch glass dish.
- Top each filet with 2-3 dollops butter.
- Bake for about 15 min or until fish flakes easily with fork.