Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was the recipe I created the very first time I cooked fish. Very simple but delicious. So far this recipe has converted three non-fish eaters to eat fish! Use any flaky white fish or even chicken and serve with couscous and fresh veggies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice in bowl big enough to dip fish into.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, dill, rosemary and salt and pepper in another bowl of similar size.
- Dip each filet in olive oil mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture and place in 9x13 inch glass dish.
- Top each filet with 2-3 dollops butter.
- Bake for about 15 min or until fish flakes easily with fork.
My roommate and I both gave this a four because we just really like salmon better than mahi mahi, but I had some mahi to use up and this is probably the best way I've found to do it. It really does almost completely mask the fishy taste of the mahi.
This was so simple to make but was really yummy. The only thing I did different is put the dill and rosemary in a mini food processor so I didn't have big pieces of rosemary.
I live in Hawaii and most recipes for Mahi includes some kind of fruit or nut. This was such a nice change! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser. I served it with steamed spinach and red potato mash....soooo good! Thanks