1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
This is yet another baked chicken and rice recipe! However, I wanted to share my wonderful mother's recipe for it, because this particular recipe makes the rice turn out so nice and fluffy. When I have used other recipes for this dish, I have found that the rice often comes out overcooked. I think the secret to this recipe is that milk is used, along with the soup, keeping the rice nice and moist. I also love the onion soup mix added to this dish - it really jazzes up the flavor! This recipe is a wonderful dish to serve to company (I usually serve it with a nice, flavorful salad of some sort) because it is so easy to just throw it in the oven an hour or so before serving it to guests - so that the chef can enjoy the festivities, as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat over to 350.
- 2Mix mushroom soup and milk (reserve half of the mixture).
- 3Mix together the soup mixture, rice, mushrooms, and half the onion soup mix.
- 4Pour into ungreased baking dish (11 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches).
- 5Place chicken breasts on top.
- 6Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken breasts.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining onion soup mix.
- 8Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 9Uncover and bake for 15 mins longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Annie's Fabulous Fluffy Rice and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 1449.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g