Recipe by mums the word
As a teenager, I worked in a boat club where they served these delicious cucumbers. A sweet old lady named Annie would prepare this daily, and I have fond memories of her. The members of the club loved this dish so I know that you will too. (Preparation time is very fast, but the numbers below include the refrigeration time.)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 green onions, tops only
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers, slice paper thin. (You can cut in half and remove seeds first if you wish, but Annie did not do it this way.).
- Place in medium bowl and cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Drain well in colander, do not rinse. Place in serving bowl.
- Chop the green onions and add to cucumbers.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and dill. Stir to combine.