Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother is a fabulous cook and I just love her Broccoli Salad. Always one of the first things to go at family dinners and potlucks! You can also substitue 1 cup cauliflower for 1 cup broccoli for a nice Broccoli and Cauliflower salad. Prep/cooking time does not include chill time or cooking the bacon.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Combine broccoli, onion, cheese, and bacon.
- Mix the dressing and toss with broccoli mixture.
- Chill and serve.
My sister has made this broccoli salad for many family gatherings, holidays, bridal and baby showers... you name it. Its so good that my family actually fights over the leftovers. I am making it for a picnic tomorrow and looking forward to eating it again.
I made this to take to thanksgiving a couple of years ago, and my family loved it. It has been my designated, "you must bring this" dish ever since!
This is a great recipe. I modified is significantly to make it a main dish. I added chopped chicken, chopped celery, gluten-free pasta, and grated a carrot into it. So delish! Thanks for the dish!