Recipe by Helping Hands
My mother is a fabulous cook and I just love her Broccoli Salad. Always one of the first things to go at family dinners and potlucks! You can also substitue 1 cup cauliflower for 1 cup broccoli for a nice Broccoli and Cauliflower salad. Prep/cooking time does not include chill time or cooking the bacon.
Top Review by metzgecl
My sister has made this broccoli salad for many family gatherings, holidays, bridal and baby showers... you name it. Its so good that my family actually fights over the leftovers. I am making it for a picnic tomorrow and looking forward to eating it again.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar