Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My dogs love these. A couple could be a meal. They are moist and substantial. This is a great way to use up all the chicken bits and skin etc. left from making soup if you don't want to just stew up chickens for your dogs like I do. You can frost these or not. I call them cupcakes if I do and muffins if I don't.
- 2 cups chicken, stewed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded carrots
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons baking soda
- water, to correct consisteny
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix all ingredients together well. I use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle.
- Add water till mix seems about the consistency muffin mix usually is; pretty wet but not pourable.
- Use a large spoon or dry measuring scoop to fill muffin tins almost full. Bake for 20 - 30 minute at 375.
- Whip till consistency you want. Put a dollop on each one after they've cooled.
- I only put a bit of it on each one because it's messy and too much dairy isn't good for them.
- I used goats cheese because we always have it in the freezer from our goats but cream cheese is what I would use otherwise. . I use the honey to help bind ingredients.
- You can also substitute brown rice for the white or use another vegetable if you want.