Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dessert fills the whole house with a wonderful aroma. It is simple to put together and is made in a 9x13 inch pan so it can feed a crowd. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 10 cups sliced apples (I use granny smith)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir gently and place in a 9x13 inch pan.
- In medium bowl mix oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix melted butter in using a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
This is the best crisp I have ever had. Thanks