Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A lovely tangy retro crust(biscuits!), easy to make cheesecake! It's from a book called "gorgeous cakes", by Annie Bell, full of amazing-looking desserts and cakes. This is the first one I've tried and it has come out perfectly and, oh, SO yum!
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 350 g full-fat cream cheese
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs, medium
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 ml sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C(180 fan oven).
- Whizz biscuits into crumbs in a food processor, add to the melted biscuits until evenly coated.
- Press into base of a 20cm cake tin with removeable collar, using fingers or bottom of a glass.
- Place all FILLING ingredients into food processor (or bowl and electic whisk)and whizz til smooth.
- Carefully Pour onto biscuit base (pour over back of spoon to avoid disturbing crumbs) and bake for 30 mins, until just set and slightly risen.
- Remove and leave to level for 10 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, smooth surface and return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. It will firm up as it cools. Cover with clingfilm and place in refridgerate overnight and until use. Serve chilled.