Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My friend, Annette, taught me how to make semi-homemade refried beans when I ran out of my old stand-by, canned refried beans :)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a skillet.
- When oil is hot, add the drained and rinsed pinto beans. onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- With a potato masher, mash & mix everything together & turn heat to medium-low. Beans will thicken the more you mix & mash.
- Serve while still warm and creamy.