Recipe by bluemoon downunder
A quick and easy, really low fat chicken dish that you can have from fridge to table in no more than 20 minutes. Another of Annette Sym's recipes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Did switch the mango for some apricots, but that was about it! Great flavor combinations, I thought, making this a keeper of a recipe for me! Another time I definitely want to work with the mango, probably fresh or frozen! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag game]
- cooking spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 700 g chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 500 ml mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 (425 g) can mangoes, sliced, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, or until nearly cooked.
- Combine curry powder, tomato paste and chicken stock powder, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and coconut essence.
- Blend cornflour with mango juice, and add to the pan, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add the drained mango slices.
- Serve with your favourite boiled rice or pasta.
- VARIATION: Replace mango nectar and canned fruit with apricot nectar and canned apricot halves.