Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quick and easy, really low fat chicken dish that you can have from fridge to table in no more than 20 minutes. Another of Annette Sym's recipes.
- cooking spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 700 g chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 500 ml mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 (425 g) can mangoes, sliced, drained
- Sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes, or until nearly cooked.
- Combine curry powder, tomato paste and chicken stock powder, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and coconut essence.
- Blend cornflour with mango juice, and add to the pan, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Add the drained mango slices.
- Serve with your favourite boiled rice or pasta.
- VARIATION: Replace mango nectar and canned fruit with apricot nectar and canned apricot halves.
Did switch the mango for some apricots, but that was about it! Great flavor combinations, I thought, making this a keeper of a recipe for me! Another time I definitely want to work with the mango, probably fresh or frozen! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag game]