bluemoon downunder's Note:
There are heaps of delicious-sounding Macaroni Cheese recipes on Zaar. Unfortunately, many are phenomenonally high in all the things many of us are probably trying NOT to eat. This is a low GI recipe, which I am posting in response to Vina's query about low GI foods in a Forum. The recipe is from Annette Sym's website, where you will find other recipes and a lot more information about GI. Annette Sym provides nutritional information for all her recipes, and alternative ingredients, so that after using a few of her recipes the basic GI principles are easily understood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dried macaroni noodles
- 2 (425 g) cans tuna in water, drained
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots or 1/2 cup onion
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (310 g) can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules (Massel)
- 60 g sachets 4 cheese sauce (Continental)
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup grated tasty reduced-fat cheese
- 1Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- 2Cook pasta as instructed on packet, leave to one side.
- 3Thoroughly drain tuna, roughly break up and leave to one side.
- 4Coat a large non-stick pan with cooking spray, sauté garlic and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- 5Add tuna, shallots or onion, corn kernels, cream corn and stock powder and combine.
- 6In a small bowl combine 4 cheese sauce with boiling water until blended.
- 7Fold cheese sauce into the mixture in the pan, taking care that the cheese sauce and the other ingredients are well-combined.
- 8Add pasta and stir well.
- 9Transfer the tuna pasta mixture to a lightly greased casserole dish.
- 10Sprinkle cheese over top and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned on top.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Annette Sym’s Creamy Tuna Bake
Serving Size: 1 (2287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 770.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules