Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another celebrity recipe, one of the more interesting ones.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups water
- Brown pork chops in oil; remove from pan.
- Put peanut butter and soup in pan and heat, adding water gradually; stir until smooth.
- Add pork chops back to pan and add onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 50 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Ok Lennie, this is recipe #3 Ive made of yours and you havent, get moving girl..you dont know what youre missing! After talking with Lennie about amounts (I was only using 2 pork chops) I ended up using a small can of soup and approx. 3/4 water for this recipe. Very tender and tasty chops, will definitely make this again.
I've been making this recipe for years. It is very easy and good although it is a little bland. To spice it up I like to dust the chops with salt and pepper and just a touch of sage before browning.
Am I the only person wondering where or what the link is between Annette Funicello and this recipe?