Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E! Why? Because we love you!
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter (or Trader Joe's Almond Butter) or 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter (or Trader Joe's Almond Butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In small bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl with mixer at low speed beat together margarine, peanut butter, eggs, water, and vanilla just until blended.
- Add flour mixture, beat until blended.
- Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Optional: stir chocolate pieces into batter.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with floured bottom of glass.
- Bake in 375 F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store in tightly covered container.
EXCELLENT! These are addictive! Chewy, yummy and peanut butter mmmmmm!!!! I recommend this to everyone!!! These have been a hit with all here, thanks so much, great recipe indeed!
Very yummy cookies! I was looking for a chocolate chip cookie texture, with a bit of peanut butter flavor. I made a few changes: used 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (along with 1/2 cup white) and baked at 350 degrees. These turned out just like I'd hoped! The texture is like a sturdy choc. chip cookie with a tender/fluffy interior. You can definitely taste the peanut butter flavor, too. I loved watching Annette F. in the Mickey Mouse Club! Thanks Mirj, for posting. Roxygirl
Was not impressed with this cookie. Not as much peanut butter flavor as I expected and was just not the texture I like in a cookie... too much flour.