Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mom's recipe that she gave me when I moved from home (oh, those many moons ago) and I love it. She didn't make it very often so it was a real treat for me when she did. I'll eat it in the summer by itself or with some homemade pita for a wonderful lunch. Nothing I've ever bought; mix or pre-made, can compare. Thanks, Mom!
- 236.59 ml Bulgar wheat
- 6-8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml chopped parsley
- 59.14-118.29 ml of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse bulgar and soak in water to cover for about 2 hours.
- Drain and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
This recipe seems like it would be awesome on its own, but since i coudlnt get the fresh mint or bulgar wheat, I decided to do a little improv and substituted brown rice for the bulgar wheat. Turned out pretty good. I think the texture of the brown rice works well with this recipe. Try it out!