Recipe by CityGirl
This is a recipe I learned from one of the parents at a Headstart Program where I worked on New York's Lower East Side. It is modified to use ingredients easily available in grocery stores, even if you're nowhere near an Asian market. The recipe is very forgiving and adaptable.
- 1 lb pasta, thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce or 1⁄4 cup tamari
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -3 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta (spagettini, linguinette or spagetti)3 to 5 minute then remove from heat, drain, rinse in cold wate, drainr.
- Mix tahini, soy and sesame, garlic, ginger.
- Add to pasta.
- Add cilantro and onion.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Adjust all ingredients to taste.