Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is my mother's pineapple pie recipe. It is a pineapple chess pie with the addition of a touch of cornmeal for a crispy crust. Doubles easily for 2 pie crusts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 deep dish pie shell, unbaked
- Mix sugar, flour, and cornmeal.
- Add melted butter and eggs.
- Stir in can of pineapple.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- You might need to cover the outside of the crust with foil to prevent it from overbrowning.