1 hr 15 mins
This is from 1985. Anne is one of my sisters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground beef (her measure is 2 - 3 lbs)
- 1/2 large onion, minced
- 3 cups oatmeal (Any "sawdust" will do, could be oatmeal, bread crumbs or whatever, her measure was actually 1.5-3 cu)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups catsup
- 2 teaspoons oregano (1-2 tsp. Crush in your palm, Edith's style....yet Edith says that it's Anne's move)
- 1In a large bowl place meat, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and sawdust with 2/3ls of the catsup and oregano.
- 2Remove rings and wrist watch as the next step is messy!
- 3Thoroughly combine the mixture with your hands.
- 4Add additional "sawdust" until the meat feels like it will pack into a nice solid loaf.
- 5lace in a pan of your choice.
- 6Cover the top of the loaf with the remaining catsup.
- 7Bake at 325 for about 1 hour.
- 8Servings? - depends on how you slice it!
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne's Favorite Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (2140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4370.6
- Calories from Fat 2076
- Total Fat 230.6 g
- Saturated Fat 85.8 g
- Cholesterol 1297.3 mg
- Sodium 5068.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.1 g
- Sugars 87.9 g
- Protein 304.6 g