Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from 1985. Anne is one of my sisters.
- 3 lbs ground beef (her measure is 2 - 3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 large onion, minced
- 3 cups oatmeal (Any "sawdust" will do, could be oatmeal, bread crumbs or whatever, her measure was actually 1.5-3 cu)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 2 teaspoons oregano (1-2 tsp. Crush in your palm, Edith's style....yet Edith says that it's Anne's move)
- In a large bowl place meat, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and sawdust with 2/3ls of the catsup and oregano.
- Remove rings and wrist watch as the next step is messy!
- Thoroughly combine the mixture with your hands.
- Add additional "sawdust" until the meat feels like it will pack into a nice solid loaf.
- lace in a pan of your choice.
- Cover the top of the loaf with the remaining catsup.
- Bake at 325 for about 1 hour.
- Servings? - depends on how you slice it!