Recipe by Barbara 4 Ducks
One of our re-entry students at Orange Coast College has brought this recipe in to share with other students for the last two years. EVERYONE loves it! Since this takes so long to cook, I usually make 4-6 at the same time.
Top Review by jamajer2
Excellent recipe! The fat and/or gristle I usually associate with corned beef is non-existent with this recipe. It is so tender, no knife is needed. I would definitely make this again.
- 1 boneless corned beef brisket, point cut
- 3⁄8 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 whole clove (optional)
- ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place corned beef on a rack in a pan, fat side up, and cover with tin foil.
- Cook for 3-4 hours.
- Mix yellow mustard and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Uncover corned beef.
- Score the top of the corned beef, and stick whole cloves in the top if desired.
- Baste with gingerale.
- Spoon mustard sauce on top and sides of beef.
- Place back in oven and cook for another ½ hour or so, until nicely browned and the meat is falling apart.