Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it's been a family favorite. The sauce is good over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brush with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with dry salad mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan.
- Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken in pot.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Serve with sauce.
This recipe came from the book Crockery Cookery by Hoffman in 1983. It has always been one of my family's favorites.
This was made for your Wk 16 2014 Football Pool win using frozen chicken tenders, mostly because I longed for some easy-fix comfort food. While I can say I made it as written, I admit making extra sauce so I could expand the yield to include a veggie mix of broccoli, carrot, lima beans plus cauliflower & then mound the outcome over rice. DH & I both loved it & look forward to the leftovers today. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
This was super delicious. I served it over rice, but I could see it would be great with noodles, too. Everyone in my family loved it though, and I'll make it again and again since it so easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing your recipe. lazyme. It's definitely a keeper.