Anne's Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Put 2 inches of water in the bottom of a double boiler.
- Add the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening to the top of double boiler.
- Allow the chocolate and shortening to melt.
- Stir in the sugar a little at a time.
- Add the milk.
- Remove the top pot from the heat.
- Beat frosting with the electric mixer until it is thick and creamy--about 5 minutes.
- With a metal spatula or knife, spread about 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers and use the rest to cover the top and sided of the cake.