1/1 Photo of Anne's Chocolate Fudge Frosting
gingerkitten D's Note:
This is a good all purpose chocolate frosting. It comes from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook by Kate Mac Donald.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 inches of water in the bottom of a double boiler.
- 2Add the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening to the top of double boiler.
- 3Allow the chocolate and shortening to melt.
- 4Stir in the sugar a little at a time.
- 5Add the milk.
- 6Remove the top pot from the heat.
- 7Beat frosting with the electric mixer until it is thick and creamy--about 5 minutes.
- 8With a metal spatula or knife, spread about 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers and use the rest to cover the top and sided of the cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne's Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3514.8
- Calories from Fat 1398
- Total Fat 155.3 g
- Saturated Fat 76.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 80.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 574.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 535.6 g
- Protein 16.7 g