Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Years ago Mom compiled a family cook book for my eldest sister when she went off to college. What has become of the final version I don't know, needless to say its gone. However I've got Mom's notes. I'm attempting to save these recipes by posting them here. Any of Mom's special notes I'll include in parenthesis. But needless to say some of these are not complete recipes. Enjoy! P.S. haven't made some of these in a long time so the yield and and cook times are based purely on my memories and Mom's notes.
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4 cup canned chilies
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Chop tomato, onion, and chilies.
- Melt Cheeses together in a sauce pan over low heat.
- Add cream to cheese, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato, onion, chilies and garlic, stirring constantly to blend a little more cream may be needed, if so add a few drops at a time.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, etc.
Good stuff! Quick and delicious. Who needs to go out to eat when you can make this at home. Made for Spring Pick A Chef 2012.