Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I was feeling creative one day; and since my Mom is diabetic wanted her to be able to enjoy a treat too. Since we both can get migraines from chocolate, I used carob chips instead.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup carob chips
- 1 cup raisins (soaked first in boiled water-a few minutes until they plump up)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream together, butter or margarine and sugars. Then add the vanilla extract; and eggs one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients in order listed to the creamed mixture.
- I added carob chips and raisins last; and then stir in milk to help moisten it properly.
- Put in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350* for 40 minutes, checking with a toothpick that the middle springs back.
- Cool at least 10 minutes in the pan before turning out.
Kind of bland, but good if you're diabetic i guess.