Recipe by Lindi
I found this recipe after my mother passed away and we moved into my childhood home. I remember her making it, but didn't remember just how good it is. It's the best banana bread I've ever had.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (, about 2 med)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together, flour, soda& salt.
- Cream shortening, blend in sugar, add eggs, one at a time and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture alternately with bananas and liquid.
- Beat well.
- Add 1/2 C chopped nuts if desired.
- Place in greased 9x5x3 loaf pan (I like glass best).
- Bake 350 for 60-70 minutes.
- Remove from pan to cool.