Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Anne Sale is an old friend I haven't seen in years and years. She and her family lived in New Orleans when we met and now live in TN. But she lives on in my memory with her delicious recipe for these lemon squares. Hope you'll enjoy!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces fresh whipped cream
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, 3 TBS sugar and butter and mix well.
- Press mixture on bottom of lightly greased 8" square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees 6-8 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add salt, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped cream and spoon into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 6 hours.
- Cut into squares and garnish with thinly sliced lemon rounds.